Socks Care Guide - Caring for your Quality Socks by SOXESSORY
Caring For Your Socks - To ensure you get the most out of them
SOXESSORY make some of the finest socks in the world and we hope that you, as our customer, will get a great deal of enjoyment from them. Here are a few ways that you can help to keep them in the finest condition, so that they can continue to be of service for a long time to come.
- All of our socks have a care label on their packaging, please follow these instructions very carefully.
- We do not recommend our socks to be tumble dried, this is due to the nature of the luxury yarns that are used in the manufacture of our socks.
- Use of an appropriate detergent is also important, there are no ‘one size fits all’ detergents.
- If you have bought bamboo socks, wash them in the cold water with a non-biological, bamboo safe detergent.
- We do not recommend any specific brand, but there are quite a few on the market.
- Our cotton socks should have color safe detergents used to ensure that colors remain constant for as long as possible.
- Wash your socks inside-out to keep a pristine outer appearance and wash them in as low a temperature as possible.
- Where a hand wash is indicated, please make this at a cool hand temperature. Rinse them in clear water and finally treat them with a little of your favorite fabric softener to recondition the yarns – re-lubricating and adding softness to allow a little more stretch/comfort.
- We do not recommend using fabric softener on bamboo socks.
- If you keep your socks in pairs you will never be caught with ‘odd socks’, however, excessive ’balling up’ or ‘fold over’ of the socks will damage the fibers in the yarns, leading to additional stretch to the rib-top which can lead to premature wear.
- It is recommended that paired socks are simply folded together, rolled and placed in your sock drawer. Try to group your socks by color as placing dark colored socks and light colored socks together can lead to transfer of fibers between one pair and the next, leading to unsightly surface effects on either pair.
- Use cedar balls to protect from clothes moths.
- Try to maintain neat toe nails, as the majority of holes found in socks are caused by long toe nails.
Careful Choice of Sock
- If you have a style of sock that you particularly like, remember to buy more than one pair. If you do get a hole in one sock, it can always be paired with another sock of the same style.
- It is also important to maintain a summer and a winter sock selection as wearing thicker socks in the summer leads to excessive perspiration that can lead to excessive wear.
Careful Choice of Footwear
- As with the careful choice of sock, the careful and correct choice of footwear is also critical to the lifetime of your socks.
- Cotton socks should only be worn with a light moccasin or soft loafer shoe. Excessive wear will occur if you walk around the house in your (cotton) stocking feet, so always pair them with comfy slippers.
- Light weight socks will wear excessively if worn with heavy winter boots and similarly, thick winter socks will experience an undue level of wear if worn with dress shoes.